Lots of new fabrics

We've had delivery after delivery the past few weeks. So many new fabrics in store, it's a struggle to keep up with the unpacking while we have customers and classes to attend to as well!

Birch, 100% organic cotton range.

Moda.

 New Alexander Henry.

We've also got lots of new quilting templates, Perle 8 threads, and DMC machine embroidery thread in lots of colours... which, as silly as it sounds, this cotton is amazing for hand piecing! These threads don't tangle and are so beautiful to sew with, I recommend them to anybody who is doing piecing (with papers or without) and also applique. They are $5.95 for 500m at Amitie which is great value!

 
I've been busy sewing at home... my paper piecing has taken a back seat while I quilt a gift, but I still find the time to get some done. Below is my octagon and squares quilt that I blogged about in this post.
I have one more row to add, it's just going to be a cot size... it's in the shop at the moment and has got lots of compliments, which is so nice to hear because I am falling out of love with it (you know, the more you stare at something, the less it interests you... I'm sure when it's finished I will love it again)!


Hope you all have a great weekend!

xoxo
amitie girl

1 comment:

Kristine said...

I was admiring this gorgeous quilt in the store last week. I really love the fresh pop of sharp yellow you have chosen. I've never seen this pattern before. Such a nice change to good old paper pieced hexagons.